Social media is becoming ever more popular. Recent studies demonstrate its importance in contributing to the increased corporate transparency of international companies, accepted as one of the key factors for future economic stability.
Understanding the main functionalities of social media and how it can be used by an international company has become a necessity not only for students of business and law but other disciplines too.
The course is divided into two interconnected sections. The first section considers social media functionalities and social media strategies for marketing and corporate dialogue. You will look at a range of the major social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube, and their influence and use in business contexts.
In the second part of the course, you will be introduced to the most relevant Internet standards to support data and interactions between users, both internal and external to a company or organisation.
You will have the opportunity to key topics in business use of social media including Web 2.0, the main social media platforms today, social media use by international companies and organizations, corporate dialogue, and social media strategies and metrics.
The course will be taught using a mixture of lectures and seminars.
Informal assessment will take place through group discussion, classroom activities, questions and answers sessions as guided by tutor.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the functionalities of social media
- Use international information sources such as the webpages of the main Internet
- Employ a structured analysis procedure and advanced metrics to evaluate social media performance
- Understand the meaning of the main Internet markup languages and how to use them to express information
- Clearly communicate their conclusions to third parties
- Understand the key elements of a digital marketing campaign
- Identify the digital position of a business and how to improve their visibility online
- Execute a social media campaign and measure its impact using metrics
- Appreciate online privacy laws and best practice for social media marketing
A number of fee packages are available for the Summer School. Full fee information can be found on the Fees page.
All fee packages include tuition costs, selected social activities, and your chosen accommodation type. Full information on our accommodation options can be found here.
Costs are provided per week. To calculate your total cost, select your package type, then multiply this cost by the number of weeks in your course.
e.g. A student selecting a Silver package for a 4-week course in July would calculate:
£776 x 4 weeks = £3104
To secure your place at the Summer School, you will be required to pay a deposit of £125 which can be reclaimed towards your fee package.
Please note that study in the UK may incur additional costs e.g. visa application fees.
If you submit your application and deposit before 31 January 2018, you can claim our special early bird rate. We also offer a range of special rates for students at our valued partner institutions. Please see our Fees page for more details.