Edinburgh Excellence Scholarships are available to students who can display evidence of outstanding academic merit but who may not be able to attend our Summer School without financial support.
A limited number of scholarships are available, equal to a tuition fee waiver of 100%, 50%, or 25%. Scholarships are applicable on Summer School courses lasting 2-4 week; courses which are over 4 weeks in duration are exempt for consideration for the scholarship.
In order to apply for the scholarship, you must have the backing of your home university or college*.
The Scholarships are competitive and awarded both on the basis of financial support deemed necessary and academic merit. A minimum of 3.3 GPA or equivalent is required and evidence of this must be provided along with your application.
In order to apply, you should be a full-time university or college student who can demonstrate that you meet the academic and language requirements of your preferred course.
How to Apply
1. Choose the course you are interested in from our course listing.
2. *Contact your Study Abroad or International Office and ask them to complete this form to confirm your current academic status – Edinburgh Excellence University Confirmation Form
3. Complete the Summer School’s online application form, stating within your Personal Statement that you would like to apply for the Edinburgh Excellence Scholarship.
4. When promoted to upload your supporting documents, please include:
- All standard supporting documentation required for your course type, plus
- A signed copy of the Edinburgh Excellence University Confirmation Form
1. Will the scholarship award be applied to the total fee package?
No. The scholarship fee waiver will be applied to the tuition fee element only.
2. How do I know if I am eligible to receive a University of Edinburgh Scholarship?
The scholarship is available to all students from around the world and it is awarded on the basis of financial support deemed necessary and academic merit. A minimum of 3.3 GPA or equivalent is required.
3. My University does not issue GPA but I have my transcript with my module grades – can I send these instead?
Yes. Institutions globally use a variety of assessment and grading systems and you can provide your most recent degree transcript with your application. Please contact us for guidance about what documentation or grades to provide us with, should you have any questions about the equivalent grading of a GPA.
4. How do I apply for a scholarship?
Please fill in the online application form and upload all the necessary supporting documents to our Dropbox.
5. When do applications for the Edinburgh Excellence Scholarship close?
Applications for the Scholarship will close on 28 February 2017 – the first wave of applications. If any extra Scholarship places become available after the initial deadline, we will reopen applications for students who apply after this date.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received we have moved the closing day for the scholarship to 28 February 2017.
6. When will I receive written confirmation if I have been successful in my application to the Scholarship?
We will aim to allocate course places and Scholarships to successful applicants in the first week of April 2017. You will be notified by email, at the address provided on your application form.
If you have any other questions about the Edinburgh Excellence Scholarship, please contact us.